Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Fun that Today Was!

Well, I've had this really intense back pain for about a week. I can't really be comfortable in any position...well, maybe except for laying on my side with a pillow between my legs...even after a while, it starts to hurt and I'm in pain again. The pain is right on my tailbone, and the the pain shoots down my right and sometimes my left legs. It's hard to walk and I feel like a wuss, although I think that I have a pretty high threshold for pain.
So, visit #3 to the chiropractor today. At my last visit, we took an x-ray of my back. My spine, instead of being straight up and down, has a significant curve to the right, and we decided that that is what is causing my pain. My Dr. thinks that it may be a herniated disk, but he can't be sure with just an x-ray. SO....today, I got to go have an MRI on my back!
I've had an MRI before so I wasn't really nervous, but the first time, they just put my head in the tube, and I was able to move my toes and my fingers...today, they put my WHOLE body in there! I'm not normally chlaustrophobic (?), but for about 10 seconds, I thought I was going to freak out! But then, I rationalized that being in the tube was just like being in a very noisy tanning bed (which I had visited just hours before...), and then I was fine.
The results are in, and I have an appointment tomorrow with the chiropractor and from there, I will go see a back specialist / orthopedic surgeon.
I will keep everyone posted!
Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Jay and Rochelle said...

Back pain is no fun. Jay has seen many chiropractics and finally went to regular doc and had an MIR done. His back spine is straight but has arthritis. Sorry to hear you had to do that. Good luck!!