
I have a slight obsession with the television sitcom "Friends". I love it. I can't help it, but it is seriously my all-time favorite show! As I watch "Friends" and as I compare their situations to my own life - I realize that I have a little bit of each Friend in me! But that got me to wonder - "which am I like the most?"
Am I more like Rachel? Loves to be in the "in" crowd, loves fitting in, loves fashion, and feeling fantastic about life.
Or, am I more like Monica? In control, obsessive about things (yeah, that's me!), loves and wants kids, and can't seem to find the right man to have them with - of course until she meets Chandler.
Am I like Phoebe? Funny, whimsical, childlike, and all around crazy? (yeah, those all sound like me...sometimes I have the mental age of 3...)
Am I like Ross - always worrying, kind of nerdy, intellectual...
Joey? How you doin'? The charmer, innocent, and about 10 steps behind everyone else...
Or, am I most like Chandler? Obnoxious, likes to be the center of attention, tells jokes to get a laugh, thinks he's funny...
As I sit and watch, I realize that I am all of the Friends thrown into one! I have a little - I mean little, but it's growing - fashionista in me, I think I'm hilarious and I like to pretend like I'm 3 when I'm around 3 year olds! I want children, but like Monica, I can't seem to find the right ONE. I have failed relationships just like everyone else! I have issues in my life just like everyone else! I am a nerd and I am proud of it!
And then I realize - I'm ASHLEY! I'm me! And I love who I am. And I'm happy that I have my real life friends to make my life as fun and happy as possible!
The End.
:)
Am I more like Rachel? Loves to be in the "in" crowd, loves fitting in, loves fashion, and feeling fantastic about life.
Or, am I more like Monica? In control, obsessive about things (yeah, that's me!), loves and wants kids, and can't seem to find the right man to have them with - of course until she meets Chandler.
Am I like Phoebe? Funny, whimsical, childlike, and all around crazy? (yeah, those all sound like me...sometimes I have the mental age of 3...)
Am I like Ross - always worrying, kind of nerdy, intellectual...
Joey? How you doin'? The charmer, innocent, and about 10 steps behind everyone else...
Or, am I most like Chandler? Obnoxious, likes to be the center of attention, tells jokes to get a laugh, thinks he's funny...
As I sit and watch, I realize that I am all of the Friends thrown into one! I have a little - I mean little, but it's growing - fashionista in me, I think I'm hilarious and I like to pretend like I'm 3 when I'm around 3 year olds! I want children, but like Monica, I can't seem to find the right ONE. I have failed relationships just like everyone else! I have issues in my life just like everyone else! I am a nerd and I am proud of it!
And then I realize - I'm ASHLEY! I'm me! And I love who I am. And I'm happy that I have my real life friends to make my life as fun and happy as possible!
The End.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment