Tuesday, June 7, 2011

27 Weeks!

Today marks 27 weeks and 1 day of my pregnancy! Wow, time sure is flying!

I had a doctor's appointment today, my four week check-up, and it was pretty interesting. First, I was lucky enough to be able to drink the Glucose drink today....yum! (seriously, yum...) I chose the lemon-lime and it wasn't bad. It just tasted like a flat Sprite. So, I drank that one hour before my appointment, and when I got to the office, they pricked my finger.
Then, the dreaded scale...dum Dum DUM!!! It wasn't too bad. I've gained 4 pounds in the last four weeks, bringing my grand total of weight gained to 11 pounds. I'm pretty happy about that and the doctor is too! Then the nurse brings out the tape measure. She measures my tummy and doesn't tell me the measurement (I hate that! I like to know EVERYTHING!). Then she uses the doppler and finds the baby's heartbeat. It takes her a few minutes to find it, but there it was! Good and strong!!!

Dr. Meredith (love him!) comes in and tells me everything is looking great! He tells me that my blood sugar one hour after drinking the Glucose drink is a little bit elevated - so I get to do the 3 hour test on Thursday. (Ugh) Then he says "You're also measuring a little large, so we'll keep an eye on that." I ask how large is large. He says, "Well, you are 27 weeks, and you are measuring 34." I double check that he means 34 weeks. He does. Goober! 34 weeks!!! My mom is convinced that there are two babies in there, but I'm sure it's just one. Baby is kicking more and more each day, and he is one active little guy! We can't wait until September to meet him!!!

5 comments:

Raquel said...

I love dr merideth too!!! i refused to see any of the dr (only midwives LOVE helene) but with my twins i had to and luckily it was him. fyi- my twins i measured 4 weeks ahead ha!ha!

Mandy Vermillion said...

Oh man, I have heard so many people complain how sugary the 3 hour glucose test drink is!

When I was pregnant with Mason my sister was due 2 months after I was and she was bigger than I was. My mom kept saying that my sister was going to have twins, and my sister really didn't think so. When she went in for her 20 week ultrasound there WERE twins. She was also sure it was a girl, but they were boys.

But you have had ultrasounds so I'm with you on the one baby thinking :)

Jon + Kat said...

I'm sorry you have to take the glucose test again. That is my least favorite. They drew blood for mine instead of a nice finger prick! Nice on the weight gain too! I'm measuring small (22 weeks at my 26 week appt), which happens to me every time even though I look like I have a basketball up my shirt and my kids have a tendency to come out 8lbs and 21 inches! I've gained 16lbs at this point too, so be proud girl! On the bright side, if you do end up having twins, I think having them first is a great way to go because you don't know the difference of dealing with one baby or two!

sandymerrill said...

YOU LOOK SO DARN CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting. You look great! I love the look and layout of your blog. I need some serious help with mine. You wanna help me?