Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Counting my Blessings

I am so blessed. My heart is so full, and I am so thankful for all of the wonderful blessings I enjoy.

I am watching Preston play in the swimming pool full of balls at the Toddler Lab at BYU-I, and I am a bit misty eyed. While this may not seem like a big deal, Preston is playing with other children and exploring toys that he wouldn't normally be interested in. Preston is two-and-a-half and hasn't started taking yet, but I feel like we are close to a language explosion. 




 
Preston has a wonderful team of teachers that love and care about him and are willing to work with him and help teach him new things. He also has a great speech therapist, Marci, and she is working with us to help Preston communicate more effectively. 

Here are some Preston stats:
He is 36 inches tall!
He weighs 36 pounds!
His favorite foods are: pancakes, macaroni and cheese, apples, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, meatballs, yogurt, ice cream and juice. 

Some funny things that Preston does right now are:
When he's thirsty,  instead of telling us "drink" he'll open the fridge and bring me a gallon of milk or the pitcher of juice. 
He will take naps in his bed, but sleeps in the recliner at night. It doesn't matter if we put him in his bed at the beginning of the night, he ALWAYS ends up in the recliner.


He loves his MegaBloks. They are his most favorite toy. Especially the green ones. He also likes to build tall towers of blocks and put the towers on our heads or knees. It's really funny. 



 
Preston loves to kick his feet. I'm convinced that he'll be a swimmer someday. 
Preston still loves hair. Thankfully, he's not as rough as he used to be! He loves to twirl hair through his finger and feel how soft it is. 
He is putting everything in his mouth. Everything. It seems that this has increased since we took away his binky. I found these chewies that I think I'm going to order that are just for chewing.

 
Finally, Preston still loves Mickey Mouse. Loves it. Admittedly, I've let him watch entirely too much tv, and I'm convinced that this is a big reason for his speech delay. This week, Mickey is grounded at our house. It's only been 2 days, but I notice him being more attentive and responsive. This gives me hope and makes me so happy!


Preston is such a special boy. Words fail to describe how amazing this little guy is. He is a great addition to our family, and I'm so thankful that he is a part of our family. 




No comments: