Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Preston's Blessing

We wanted to bless Preston while Carl's mom and dad were still visiting from Ohio, so that means that we blessed Preston when he was just two weeks old! He did so great, and so did Carl.
I was a little emotional that morning while we were getting ready for church. My mom got Preston the sweetest little tux to be blessed in! The night before the blessing, we tried the tux on him. We knew it would be a little big since he was still so tiny, but it was HUGE! I should have taken a picture to show how big it was!
I am no seamstress - heck, I don't even own a sewing machine! But, my fabulous sister, Renee, had come to Rexburg from Boise for the blessing, and she knows her way around a sewing machine! She took the pants from the tux over to my grandma's house and altered them so that they weren't drowning my baby boy. I was so grateful for her talent and also that she made time for us to come and visit.
When we got to church, the chapel was packed! Our ward is huge anyways, but it seemed way more full than normal. The cultural hall was full of chairs all the way to the back. Come to find out, there were 2 baby blessings, a confirmation, and two returning missionaries giving talks!
Carl and Preston were up first. It was a beautiful blessing. As the men were gathering in the circle, I looked around at all of our family that was there to support us. It was wonderful seeing Brittany and Shaun, Renee and JJ and their daughters, my Mom and Byron, Grandma and Grandpa, Brenda and Josh and their kids, Mandy and Anthony and Mason, Shamae and Taylor, Danielle and Trena and Joe and Tilda. I'm sure there were more people there, but I was really touched by the love and support we had. Our little family has been so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. After sacrament meeting, we all met at Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen's to have lunch. My mom put together a wonderful lunch and we all had so much fun eating outside on a beautiful Sabbath day. 

No comments: