Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter!

 The Easter Bunny made a stop at our house this last weekend! Carl got to have an Easter Egg hunt - and he found LOTS of great treasure! :)

We had a great time Easter Morning. We slept in - it was Stake Conference (yeah...we skipped it), and we made breakfast and found all the goodies that were left for us by the Easter Bunny! 

Later in the day, I had to go to work for about 2 hours. Then, we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen's house for their traditional Easter Dinner. There was ham, potatoes, salad, and of course - ROLLS. Baby Vermillion was so happy about all the delicious food. He was just kicking away!

 We hung out at Grandma and Grandpa's for a while. We played with Kyson, Shamae's grandson. He's 3 (I think) and he has such an active imagination! It was so cute! We played guns and I had shields and force fields. And every once in a while, Kyson would talk about Jesus and the Resurrection. He kept saying, "Jesus was in a cave, with a rock. And no one could get in the cave except for the angels." It was so funny. 

Easter is a wonderful time to reflect on the Atonement and the Resurrection and what it means to each of us personally. I am so thankful for the Atonement, and for the sacrifices that Jesus Christ made for me. Easter, each year, is a time for me to reflect on what I am working on, and how I can be better. It's sort of like New Year's resolutions for me. But with a more spiritual outlook. 

This is our loot from the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny  must have known that Carl has a love for all things Reese's. :)







We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!!!

1 comment:

Mandy Vermillion said...

Looks like mine and anthony's basket last year. I was so sick of reeses for a while!