This is also the number of weeks that I've woken up with my best friend right beside me :)
This is also the number of weeks it's taken us to get our house all put together...
Let me just say, MARRIED LIFE ROCKS!!! It's been an adjustment, that's for sure. But it's an adjustment that I am more than happy to make. Carl and I just seem to fit together. It's been so great!! We definately have different ways of doing things, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we do them wrong. It's just different. We talked about this at church last week, and it was perfect timing. We had just gotten home from our trip to Ohio and Park City, and we were just settling into our new home. We were making grilled cheese sandwiches, and I put the butter on the bread, and put it on the grill. And Carl exclaims, "Is that how you do it?!?!" I said, "Yeah. How else would you do it?" And he showed me how it is properly done. And I have to say, his way of making grilled cheese is pretty tasty. :) Different from how I do it, but just as good.
We finally got everything all set up and put away today! We decided last night to go camping, since it probably will be the last weekend we will have to go before it gets too cold. We went up to Spencer, ID to the Stoddard Creek Campgrounds. We got there, started a fire, and set up our new tent that my brother and his fiancee gave us for our wedding. It was so nice to just be outside, me and my love, just the two of us, and all the other campers. Haha..but really, it was so nice to be away from reality for a little bit. We ate our dinner, and we quickly realized that we were missing a few key items...we needed a hatchet and a flashlight most importantly. On the way home, we decided that our camping "adventure" was good practice for next time. It was such a beautiful night too. We had finished eating dinner (a tin-foil dinner, of course!) and we were looking up at the stars. It was SO beautiful! It really made me appreciate this beautiful earth that we live on, and how each and every star was placed there by a loving Father in Heaven. I often find myself marvelling at the small things, and appreciating the time and effort made by our Heavenly Father to make this Earth so beautiful and perfect for us.
Of course, brought my camera camping with us, but we OF COURSE forgot to take pictures!!! Goober!! On the plus side, I've added some photos of our wedding day! Yay!!!
| Mr. and Mrs. Vermillion -This is when we very first came out of the temple on that AMAZING day! |
| This is one of my most FAVORITE pictures! |
| All of our family!!! They are all SO GREAT!!! |
| Me and My Love Sorry it's crooked...I can't figure out how to switch it. :) |
| The Blushing Bride...that's me!!! |
| Carl and Ashley = LoVe |
| I Love This Man!!! |
| ...I am in LoVe... |
| Carl and I with all of our CUTE nieces and nephews!!! |
1 comment:
Look at you two! In the chaos of all the kiddos you guys are STILL cute!
Post a Comment